WAEC Physics Questions and Answers: this is for 2023/2024 – If you must become the engineer you dream of you must pass this physics exam. Therefore here are commonly repeated physics questions and answers that will help you achieve your dreams. Furthermore, this article will show you how to successfully attempt questions that will earn you more marks.
Professionalmarks.com Exams info:
On professionalmarks.com we offer you relevant WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, and others past questions and answers.
Here therefore are physics theory and objective questions and answers. Just read on.
WAEC Physics Obj Answers:
(2)(i) They are pure semiconductors with impurities less than 1 and have tetravalent cystals
(ii) Presense of mobile charge carrier is intrinsic property of material
(iii) No doping or addition of impurities required.
Therefore, 50=100 x extension(e)
Workdone = 1/2(F x e)
=1/2(50 x 0.5)
A geostationary satellite is an earth-orbiting satellite, placed at an altitude of approximately 35,800km directly over the equator, that revolves in the same direction which the earth rotates.
(PICK ANY TWO)
(i) Gas laser
(ii) Solid-state laser
(iii) Liquid laser
(iv) Semiconductor laser
The S.I unit is watt per steradian (W/sr)
WAEC Physics Questions and Answers: this is for 2023/2024
(i) As the temperature of the black body increases, the peak wavelength decreases.
(ii) The total energy being radiated is the area under the graph
The questions provided below are WAEC Physics questions and answers for
- The instrument that measures the relative density of light is
C. spring balance
- What is the speed of a body vibrating at 50 cyclic per second
A. 100 πrads−1−1
B. 200 πrads−1−1
C. 50 πrads−1−1
D. 400 πrads−1−1
- The action of blotting paper on ink is due to
D. surface tension
- When two mirrors are placed at an angle of 900 to each other, how many images will be formed when an object is placed in front of the mirrors
- If silicon is doped with phosphorus, what type of semiconductor material will be formed?
A. Zener material
B. P-n junction
- A car of mass 800kg attains a speed of 25m/s in 20 secs. The power developed in the engine is
A. 1 . 25 x 104 W
B. 2 . 50 x 104 W
C. 1 . 25 x 106W
D. 2 . 50 x 106 W
- When the brakes in a car are applied, the frictional force on the tyres is
A. is a disadvantage because it is in the direction of the motion of the car
B. is a disadvantage because it is in the opposite direction of the motion of the car
C. is an advantage because it is in the direction of the motion of the car
D. is an advantage because it is in the opposite direction of the motion of the car
- If the stress on a wire is 107NM–2 and the wire is stretched from its original length of 10.00 cm to 10.05 cm. The young’s modulus of the wire is
A. 5. 0 x 104 Nm-2
B. 5. 0 x 105 Nm-2
C. 2. 0 x 108 Nm-2
D. 2. 0 x 109 Nm-2
- A solid weigh 10.00 N in air, 6 N when fully immersed in water and 7. 0 N when fully immersed in a liquid X. Calculate the relative density of the liquid, X.
- When temperature of a liquid increases, its surface tension
C. Remain Constant
D. Increases then decreases
- A gas at a volume of V0 in a container at pressure P0 is compressed to one-fifth of its volume. What will be its pressure if the magnitude of its original temperature T is constant?
- A piece of substance of specific head capacity 450JKg-1K-1 falls through a vertical distance of 20m from rest. Calculate the rise in temperature of the substance on hitting the ground when all its energies are converted into heat. [g = 10ms-2]
- I. A liquid boils when its saturated vapour pressure is equal to the external pressure
II. Dissolved substances in pure water lead to increase in the boiling point.
III. When the external pressure is increased, the boiling point increases.
IV. Dissolved substances in pure water decrease the boiling point.
- Which combination of the above are peculiarities of the boiling point of a liquid?
A. I, II and III
B. I, II, III and IV
C. I, II and IV
D. II, III and IV
- The temperature gradient across a copper rod of thickness 0.02m, maintained at two temperature junctions of 20°C and 80°C respectively is
A. 3.0 x 102Km-1
B. 3.0 x 103Km-1
C. 5.0 x 103Km-1
D. 3.0 x 104Km-1
- Calculate the mass of ice that would melt when 2kg of copper is quickly transferred from boiling water to a block of ice without heat loss;
Specific heat capacity of copper = 400JKg-1K-1
Latent heat of fusion of ice = 3.3 x 105JKg-1
- A semiconductor diode is used in rectifying alternating current into direct current mainly because it
A. allows current to flow in either direction
B. is non-linear
C. offers a high input resistance
D. allows current to flow only in one direction
- if ∆x is the uncertainty in the measurement of the position of a particle along the x-axis and ∆Px is the uncertainty in the measurement of the linear momentum along the x-axis, then the uncertainty principle relation is given as
A. ∆x ∆Px ≥ h
B. ∆x ∆Px = 0
C. ∆x ∆Px < h
D. ∆x ∆Px = ∞
- When a ship sails from salt water into fresh water, the fraction of its volume above the water surface will
C. remain the same
D. increase then decrease
- I. Its velocity is constant
II. No work is done on the body
III. It has constant acceleration directed away from the centre
IV. The centripetal force is directed towards the centre
WAEC Physics Questions and Answers: this is for 2023/2024
PAST ESSAY ANSWERS
Velocity of projection U_p =10m/s
T= sqr root 2h/g Where H=1
T=sqr root 21/10 =sqr root 0.2 =0.447s V=UsinTita + gt V=10sin90 + 100.447
(i) The position of the ion of the atm of the element in the
(ii) the nature of the electrode.
(iii) the concentration of the electrolyte
Doping of semiconductor increases the number of holes and electrons in
the semiconductor, thereby making it impure which makes it to be useful
- Financial Accounting Past Questions & Answers
- Further Maths Past Questions & Answers
- Latest Secondary Education updates
- NECO Exam Registration
- Physics 2021 WAEC Questions & Answers
- English Language for WAEC May/ June 2021
- How to become a professional
- Economics Questions for 2021/2022
- Commerce Question & Answers WAEC 2021/2022
- Chemistry Questions for 2021/2022 WAEC
- Secondary Education List of Subjects – WAEC approved
Finally, if you have further questions on WAEC Physics Questions and Answers: this is for 2023/2024, please drop your phone numbers in our comment box below. In addition, you can bookmark this page for further review. Please share to reach your friends. Do follow us on our other social media handles.