ANAN membership registration – how to become a member – ANAN is the acronym for Association of National Accountants of Nigeria. Related to this are issues like ANAN membership portal, membership login and registration portal. Then are others like
ANAN membership list, MCPD registration, direct membership application and induction procedures and fee. All of these border on one fact; how to become a member of ANAN in Nigeria. In fact, this is now a challenge to many would be students and members.
This Post Focus:
As a matter of fact, people face a lot of challenges on how to become ANAN member in Nigeria. In fact, this has lead to variety of questions such as; How do you become an ANAN member and what are the requirements for ANAN registration. Other challenges are what is the difference between ANAN and ICAN? ICAN is the acronym for Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. So, many ask; Is ANAN internationally recognized? And some wants to know which one is better ICAN or ACCA or ANAN? Again, ACCA is the acronym for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants the global body for professional accountants.
As a matter of fact, bringing these into their proper perspectives as a solution to these your challenges is the focus of this post. And to do just this we have here several related highlighted items for you to click for broader information. Just click as long as you read on.
Related Topics for ANAN membership registration – how to become a member
- ANAN membership requirements
- ICAN membership requirements.
- CITN membership requirements
- List of approved professional bodies in Nigeria
- CIMA membership requirements
- ACCA membership requirements
The 2 Streams of Courses:
The Association of National Accountants of Nigeria has provided two streams in the Nigerian School of Accounting. They are there to enable you become a Professional Accountant of ANAN. These are the Professional course and the Conversion course. These two separate approaches are well designed to fully impart the qualities needed as a professional accountant in Nigeria today.
The professional course are for graduates of Accounting related fields. On the other hand, the conversion course are meant for those converting careers from different fields. And in all the streams, graduates are inducted into the accounting body after completion of their courses. Thereafter, they are placed at accounting related fields where they will undergo the Accountants-In-Training (AiT) program. This usually takes two years and automatic membership are awarded to members in the AiT program.
Membership of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) is restricted to:
- Holders of University Degree or HND in Accountancy;
- Attendance at the Nigerian College of Accountancy, Jos for one year intensive full-time. This is for professional education, training and examination
- A two-year Accountant-in-Training (AIT) Program in any sector of the economy, i.e. either with a practicing member or under supervision of a member or any other approved professional in government, industry, commerce or academic,
- A yearly attendance of the Mandatory Continuing Professional Development (MCPD) Program. The Council regards the MCPD program as an effective way in which members ensure they are maintaining, deepening and extending their professional and technical expertise. This is to justify themselves to clients and employers.
ANAN membership registration – how to become a member
ICAN Membership Requirements:
On the other hand, in order to register as a student with the Institute, you must hold an acceptable qualification. The Council has accepted the following qualifications as entry requirements:
(a) Recognized degree of any University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic; and
(b) Any other qualification for the time being approved by the Council. Approved qualifications under this category are:
(i) The final examination of Accounting Technicians Scheme, West Africa (ATSWA);
(ii) The final examination of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators;
(iii) And, the final examination of the Association of International Accountants;
(iv) The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria;
(v) The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers;
(vi) Furthermore, the final examination of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria;
(vii) The final examination of the Association of Accounting Technicians, U.K;
(viii) The final examination of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria; and
(ix) Executive Management Accountancy (Federal Treasury Academy, Stage III).
ANAN membership registration – how to become a member
ACCA Membership Procedures:
How does the ACCA Qualification work? As a matter of fact, students progress through three elements of the ACCA Qualification. These are the route to ACCA membership, And, they are:
- ACCA exams
- An Ethics and Professional Skills module, and
- A Practical Experience Requirement
The Applied Knowledge exams provides students with a broad introduction to the world of finance. It also develop the essential understanding and techniques in accounting. These exams are:
- Business and Technology (BT)
- Financial Accounting (FA)
- Management Accounting (MA)
Get more information here
- How to become a professional
- Current Professional Tips
- Tips for Successful Professionals
- Professional Education Matters
- Latest professional tips
- Professionals and Recruitment
Summing up on ANAN membership registration – how to become a member
I know that, ANAN membership registration – how to become a member is a good topic for you. It has also given solutions to questions like How do you become an ANAN member and what are the requirements for ANAN registration. And, which one is better ICAN or ACCA or ANAN? We have in this post provided related post to deal with these, pleas click accordingly to get more knowledge on the subject matter.
So, if you enjoyed this post would you like to bookmark it for future updates.? Did you click the relevant related topics for cross referencing? Then, help share for us to reach your friends. For your professional recruitment tips, click here. And for your business and entrepreneurial matters click here too. For your inspirations, click this.